Saturday, September 5, 2009

Trader Joes Penne Bolognese

Back again with another offering for the discerning foodie with a taste for Pasta. This Bolognese was actually pretty good. The sauce was indeed meaty and very tasty. Good texture after 3 minutes in the microwave and piping hot. There was a very good meat taste with a fair amount of spicyness. This was very salty however. I when I say it's salty, you know it's salty. Love the ease of use and the fact that you can eat it right out of it's own packaging. Can't remember how much it cost, $3.99 I think, but not bad for a quick Bolognese fix. The portion was adequate, if not particularly generous. There was clearly chunks of meat in the sauce, at least I hope it was meat, and this gave a satisfying taste and it felt good in the mouth. Sounds kindof strange I know but food texture is very important to me. There used to be another pasta and meat sauce that was offered by the Joe and it came in a bag. I have not been able to find it lately at our local TJ's in Encino. I have to check and see if they have it at any of the other's, Though I doubt it. This reminded me of the penne bolognese at CPK which has been a perennial favorite of mine for a long time. I will review that soon as well. Anyway, I would definitely buy this again when we do our salad and entree at TJ's. We go buy the salad of our choice and an entree as well. N usually gets sushi and H, gets all kinds of stuff, not a creature of habit that one. Bigger palate I guess. Might be going to Alisio tonight so I might have another entry on the horizon. Looking forward to past in Arizona and Colorado, though I might regret this as I don's see us eating the finest eateries. All I can do is hope for the best. Spaghetti and meatballs at Denny's? I see it coming. Konichi Wa. J

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to hear you review SB from a fine dining establishment!

    ReplyDelete