Friday, September 11, 2009

Alessio, or a little less so.

Alessio
9725 Reseda Blvd.
Northridge, CA. 91324
818-709-8393

I have received complaints from some of my followers that I have not posted anything lately. This is true as I am getting ready to go to Durango for a week of mountain biking and I had to get everything straight at work. Mission accomplished! Well not make any one wait any longer, I will review 3, yes 3 new bolognes's. I have have gotten a little behind. First we have Alessio, a nice place near our home in the Valley. It's actually in the same mall as our favorite Chinese restaurant, Chi's, so at least we knew how to get there. H has been saying that we need to try this place as she had not been there for awhile. Never did until this blog. First let me apologize for the photo, I need to practice the close ups. This dish came with 5 meatballs!! Is meat getting cheaper or am I not getting real beef? I have decided not to think about it or I will never eat again. One word. Oregano. TOO MUCH OREGANO! in the meatballs. I have never tasted anything like it. H tried the balls and agreed there was an insane amount of Oregano in the meatballs. Made it hard to taste anything else. The sauce was passable, a little runny, somewhat spicy, not horrible, but not great. Did I mention, OREGANO! Pasta was cooked well, good texture. OREGANO! I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to food but I would say the OREGANO completely set the dish off balance. Maybe try again in a little while, but not anytime soon. Next. Thanks. Oh, $10 corkage fee, not bad.

1 comment:

  1. You have followers. Cult of Jeff. Like Scientology, or Doomsday, or Jim Jones, but with Italian food. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete