Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cucina Bene



Cucina Bene
4511 Sepulveda Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 818.981.8300.

Well it's been quite awhile since my last posting. Much has happened since my last post. H and I went to Vermont and had a great time, I turned 50, H lost her job and the country has sunk deeper into whatever it is we are sinking into to. I am however optimistic that things will get worse before they get even worse, and then hopefully better, or H and I move to Iceland where things are so bad, we will be rich in comparison and be happy.

Now to the Bolognese. Been here a few times and it's a very nice place. The people are very friendly and the atmosphere is quite relaxing. The bar is very attentive and they have outside seating which can very nice in the summer and spring, though there were people out there tonight and it was a little chilly. the past was well cooked and had good texture. Sauce was tasty, not sure if it was actually beef or pork and forgot to ask. The sauce was a little "light". That was I was thinking when H took an bite and said, " I think the sauce is a little light". This is not the first time, or even the 100th time that she is thinking the same thing I am at the same time. Been married for 6 years so maybe that is to be expected, or my thoughts are so simple and repetitive that she knows what I am thinking all the time. Probably what is happening. Anyway, good bolognese, though not great, tasty if not hearty, good portions though. I will try to get back on the horse and keep posting as we go. Now that H is not working we have cut back on eating out and in fact are enjoying eating home a lot. Till next time, J.

3 comments:

  1. Your thoughts are simple & repetitive, like your love for bolognese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! appears to be a great dish! going to try it sometime! hope to see more nice recipes here!
    vistaprint coupons

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a dish is this ! This one is really looking just delicious. And existing method of making this dish is really awesome.
    nose surgery

    ReplyDelete